What is Ortho-K?
- A corneal reshaping therapy using extended wear of uniquely designed rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses
- Worn during sleeping hours, and removed upon awakening to facilitate CLEAR VISION for the rest of the day
- Corrects all form of refractive errors – Myopia, Hyperopia and Astigmatism
- Safe and Reversible process, where change is temporary due to elasticity of our cornea
- Unlike surgical methods, no tissue removal or damages
- Provides Myopia Control
How are we different?
- The modern generation of Ortho-K lenses use a design known as ‘reverse geometry’, which results in an ‘accelerated orthokeratology’ on account of technological, material and mechanical advances.
- Computer Numberical Controlled (CNC) lathes allows detailed and patient – specific lens designs while high oxygen permeable rigid gas materials facilitate overnight wear.
- Experienced Orthokeratologists ensuring comfortable and pleasant Ortho-K journey.
Each and every of our orthokeratology lenses are configured precisely to individuals’
retinal shape and ensuring maximum myopia control and visual quality.
Night lenses are suitable for…
- Children with progressive myopia
- All age groups
- Dry eyes and problems with daily contact lenses
Suitability Depends On:
- Refractive error
- Corneal curvature and structure
- Tear film integrity
- Motivation and hygiene complicances